COVID-19 Volunteers Needed Now!
We are seeking individuals with all levels of medical experience including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, EMTs, and medical record keeping. We will also need volunteers who may not have medical experience to assist with the COVID-19 response efforts.
This is an unpaid Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer role. For more information on the Allen County Medical Reserve Corps and how to register, click on the Allen County MRC Q & A link below.
The mission of the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is to establish a team of local volunteer medical and public health professionals who can contribute their skills and expertise throughout the year as well as during times of community need.
- Strengthen our capacity to respond to natural or manmade disasters.
- Provide guidance in comprehensive disaster planning with public health focus.
- Develop functional capacity for planning, activities, and workforce readiness related to disaster response.
How do I become a Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) Member?
Requirements to register:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must complete an approved training PRIOR to registering, and every 3 years after, in order to maintain Liability Protection (Ohio Administrative Code 121:40-1-04). An approved training list can be found on MRC-Train linked from this document.
- Must comply with any other additional training requirements of the Group(s) you join.
- Must complete all required fields when filling out your volunteer profile.
- Must ensure your profile is up to date at all times (contact information, professional license, etc).
When you register, please click on the “+ Add Organizations” field. When the window pops up, click on the “+” sign next to the “Medical Reserve Corps Organizations” option. Check the box next to “Allen County – MRC.”
|•||Family and Community Preparedness|
|•||Bioterrorism, Chemical, Radiation Emergencies & Widespread Disease Outbreaks|